The WordPress theme, Cutline, is the most downloaded theme so far. Do you know why? One reason is that it is already optimized for SEO (search engine optimization) purpose. Another reason is that it provides widgets ready functionality. I also like the way that it comes with its own header image. However I would like to replace it with my own unique image. How can you do that? Actually it is pretty easy if you are using WordPress.com software for your blog; all you have to do is to follow the steps below:
- Login to your WordPress.com dashboard
- Click on Appearance/Header
- A new page will open; click Browse button to find your desired image (you have to have your image ready from your Personal Computer.)
- Click Upload to upload your desired image to your WordPress.com
- It will lead you to a new page where you can see your uploaded image
- Adjust your header to the desired position and click on Crop Header. If you have already made your image’s dimension the same as the default one, then this step will be skipped.
- Now a new page tells you that “Header Complete! Visit your site and you should see the new header now.”
That’s all. You have just successfully replaced your theme’s header image to your own and it doesn’t take that long.
Would you like to replace your header image in a WordPress.com blog? Why or why not? Please leave a comment below.