The question is “Are you allowed to have a stat counter on your WordPress.com blog?” The answer is “Yes”. You can confirm it from WordPress.com Forum here. Now that you find out you can add a stat counter on your WordPress.com blog. The next question is how can you implement it? These are the steps I setup mine on this blog:
- First register your preferred Free stat counter. I heard StatCounter
is pretty good. So this is the one I’ve signed up for.
- Second login to your StatCounter account; create My Project, which is at the upper left hand side corner, for you blog/website. Give your project a name.
- Third click on this symbol which is next to your project name.
- A new page will open. Click on the link Install Code to continue.
- Go to next page. Here you can decide whether your counter is visible or not. Click on the button Next to continue.
- Go to next page, tick next to either Unique Visitor Only or Every PageLoad, and click on the button Next to continue.
- Go to next page, tick next to either Counter Image or Text Counter, and click on the button Next to continue.
- Go to next page. For Counter Image, you need to configure number of digits, digit color, background color, font setting, and hit the button Update to see your setting. For Text Counter, you just need to configure the text formatting. Click on the button Next to continue.
- Go to next page, click on an arrow to see a drop down list, find wordpress.com (hosted by wordpress), and choose it. Click on the button Next to continue.
- Go to next page, copy the code that is provided here.
- Login to your WordPress.com Dashboard, click on Appearance/Widgets.
- A new window will open, click and hold on Text widget on the left side and drag it to the Widget Area on the right side (make sure the Widget Area is first open).
- Paste the code that you’ve copied from step 10 inside the Text area and click on the button Save to save it.
- Arrange the Text widget to wherever you prefer.
Hope you like this easy implementation. See mine on the lower left hand side which says visitors. Would you like to add a StatCounter on your wordpress.com blog? Why or why not? Please leave a comment below.
Want to Have a Tracker for Your Google Blogger?