Why do people sign up for social network services? The main reason for having these services is to drive more traffic to your blog/website. If you run a business blog/website, getting more visitors will no doubt bring you more sales and thus gain more profits. Therefore getting more traffic to your blog/website through these social network services is really important. The list below shows the Free social network services I’ve signed up so far:
- BlogRush – BlogRush is a “Cooperative Syndication Network.” It’s a network of blogs that run a small “widget” on their pages. Shut down by its owner.
- Del.icio.us – Del.icio.us is a social bookmarking web service for storing, sharing, and discovering web bookmarks.
- Google Reader – With Google Reader, keeping up with your favorite websites is as easy as checking your email.
- MyBlogLog – A Yahoo! service … MyBlogLog is now a part of the Yahoo! family. Sign up now using your Yahoo! ID. Don’t have a Yahoo! ID? Signing up is easy.
- Technorati – Real-time search for user-generated media (including weblogs) by tag or keyword. Also provides popularity indexes.
- Yahoo! Bookmarks (beta) – Allows users to import bookmarks and organize them into folders. Also offers a toolbar to add into the browser.
- YouTube – Hosts user-generated videos. Includes network and professional content.
What is the purpose to have social network service? Do you think they will bring more visitors to your blog/website? Please leave a comment below.