Okay here is a good news for anyone who tries to get a WordPress.com blog verified by Google. Thanks to @frannie84 who pointed out in her comment that now you can login to your blog’s dashboard, click on tools/tools to submit your blog to Google Webmaster Tools, Yahoo! Site Explorer, and Bing Webmaster Center. Enjoy!🙂
A couple weeks ago, I wrote a post, How to Add Google Sitemap to WordPress.com Blog?, which showed you how you can submit your blog’s feed to Google Webmaster Tools account. Now you might wonder how you can get your WordPress.com blog verified by Google too. It seems it is impossible to do that because we don’t have controls of our files; but hope is always there. The article, Get your WordPress.com Blog Google Verified, will guide you the way of how to do that. Still I want to show you the way I got my WordPress.com blog verified here:
- Once you got one; sign in with it.
- If this is the first time you sign in, then type your blog’s/website’s URL (the address for your blog/website) in the text field and click on Add Site.
- Under Verified? Click on the button Verify.
- A new window is shown; saying Verification Status: NOT VERIFIED.
- In the drop-down list; choose Upload a HTML File.
- More information will be shown here. You have two choices to submit your blog/website:
- I’ve created a file named google2ae4cd3d07afcb8a.html.
- I’ve uploaded the file to http://yoursitename.wordpress.com/ and can view http://yoursitename.wordpress.com/google2ae4cd3d07afcb8a.html in my browser.
(google2ae4cd3d07afcb8a.html is given by Google. You’ll get your own)
(Make sure you replace yoursitename with your own domain name.)
- Since you know we don’t have controls of our files; so we’ll go for the choice 1.
- Go to your WordPress.com dashboard, click on Pages/Add New to create a new page named http://yoursitename.wordpress.com/google2ae4cd3d07afcb8a.html. This page can be empty. Make sure you change yoursitename to be your own domain name. (Keep it private once Google has verified your blog/website)
- Go back to your Google Webmaster Tools account and click on the button Verify.
Now wait for Google to update your status. Google Webmaster Tools will inform you once your blog/website are being verified. After you’ve succeeded, you will enjoy reports about your pages’ visibility on Google.
Would you like to get your WordPress.com blog verified by Google? Why or why not? Please leave a comment below.