While checking the summary statistics in StatCounter about my website, I discovered that many of my visitors are from foreign countries other than United States. I also have seen many blogs/websites embedded Google translation service with icons of their corresponding country flags. So I think it is very important that you can provide this kind of service for your visitors.
Although the translation service provided from Google is not perfect, hopefully Google will improve it further in the future. If you are interested and want to implement the codes on your blog just like mine here. Follow these steps:
- Download the widget codes here. It provides 22 languages with its corresponding flags.
- Login to your WordPress dashboard; click on Appearance/Widgets.
- Hold and drag Text widget to the sidebar.
- Put the above codes inside the text area; give a title if you wish.
- Click on the button Save to save it.
- Move this Text widget wherever you like it to be.
If you use Google Blogger as blog platform, check out these articles:
Translate Your Blog/Website in Different Languages – Part 1
Translate Your Blog/Website in Different Languages – Part 2
Would you like to implement Google’s translation on your WordPress.com blog? Why or why not? Please leave a comment below.