I know adding a MyBlogLog widget to a WordPress.com blog is a very basic thing to do. But lately someone emailed me and asked me to help him out of how to add “Join My Community – MyBloglog” banner to his site. Actually it is the same principle as of adding a MyBlogLog widget to a WordPress.com blog. I used to direct my readers to a website that tells them how to do that, but for some reason that website is no longer existing. So now I have to create my own instructions here:
- First you need to have a MyBlogLog account.
- Then log in to your MyBlogLog account.
- Under My Sites and Services, click on the site you want to add a widget to.
- Click on Widgets under your blog’s title.
- A new page will open, highlight the codes that it provides and hold Ctrl and hit C at the same time to copy them.
- Now log in to your WordPress.com account
- On the left hand side, click on Appearance, and click Widgets.
- A new page will open, find Text Widget and drag it under Sidebar 1 or Sidebar 2.
- Give it a title as you wish and paste the codes that you’ve copied earlier in the text Widget.
- Make sure you click on the Save button to save it.
If you want to add “Join My Community – MyBlogLog” button to your site, only step 4 and step 5 you’ll need to follow:
- See step 1 above
- See step 2 above
- See step 3 above
- Click on Buttons instead of Widgets here.
- A new page will open, choose the button as you wish, and hold Ctrl and hit C at the same time to copy the codes.
- See step 6 above
- see step 7 above
- see step 8 above
- see step 9 above
- see step 10 above
So it is pretty easy right? It is mostly for newbies. Please leave a comment below.