Do you want to change the font for your WordPress.com blog? It is a good news that you can fulfill this without much effort. The reason I want to change mine is that it is kind of too small and the style is not really my favorite. Here are the steps that I’ve used to change this blog’s font. If you want to do the same thing, you can follow them below and change your blog’s font too:
- Login to your WordPress.com dashboard
- Click on Appearance/Typekit Fonts to go to the next page
- You will be asked to enter your Typekit ID
- If you don’t have one yet then you will be asked to sign up one; just click on the button Sign up in seconds to proceed
- From there click on the upper right hand side corner that says Register (assuming that you don’t have a Typekit account)
- Go to next page. It shows a couple of plans; just click on the button Sign Up that is at the bottom of Free plan
- Go to next page which you need to fill in you first name, last name, email, password, and confirm password. Your WordPress.com blog was already filled in (you can change this if you have a custom domain name)
- Tick the check box that is next to I agree to the Terms of Service.
- Click on the button Create my account to proceed
- Go to next page. Your Typekit ID is waiting there for you
- You can click on the button Configure WordPress to get that done automatically or
- You can copy your kit ID and go back to step 3 and paste it in the textfield there
- Click on the button Update ID>> to proceed
- Go back to Tiypekit.com/fonts and find your favorite fonts (you are allowed to add two fonts/per site since it is a Free plan)
- Not all of your fonts will be available. You can search your font by entering it in the search box.
- Find the one that is closed to it and click on the button +Add to Kit
- A window will pop up. Click on the link that says “telling us what theme you’re using”
- Click on the drop down arrow to find your theme and click on the button Save to save it (not all of the themes are available)
- On the left sidebar, tick your choices of what you want to change
- Make sure you hit the button Publish which is at the lower right hand side corner
The change will take a moment to be reflected on your blog. Now go to check it out and compare it to your old one.
If you don’t like it, you can always go back to typekit.com, click on the button Launch Kit Editor which is at the upper right hand side corner, and delete your font there. If you like, you can find a new font to start over again.
If one day for any reason, you don’t want to have this service you can proceed to step 3, take out your typekit ID, and hit Update ID>> to save it. Your blog will be restored to its original font.
Would you like to change the font for your blog? Why or why not? Please leave a comment below.